I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:14

Back to the hospital

For the past month Carter has been in and out of the Doctors' office with high fevers and respiratory issues. This weekend Carter seemed to be getting worse. We took him to the after hours clinic on Saturday and they started him on new antibiotics and more medicine for congestion and his newly developed cough. Not long after Carter received the new antibiotics Carter developed a rash over his entire body. We still do not know if the antibiotics are the cause of the rash or his high fever. Sunday Carter was much worse than Saturday. He was more fussy and ran a fever all day. After much consideration I decided not to go to work, but to stay with Carter. This was a huge blessing. Around 8 o'clock I noticed a golf ball size mass protruding from Carters groin area. It was a large hernia. This is extremely dangerous in Carters case because he does not have as much colon as most babies his age. We rushed to the ER at UMC and were admitted. We are still waiting to find out when Carter will have surgery. Because of the high fever and congestion Carter has had, there are concerns about doing the surgery immediately. Our doctors also want to consult the doctors at Johns Hopkins before any decisions are made. Carter is receiving I.V. antibiotics right now and we are awaiting details about the surgery time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I stumbled across your blogspot and thought I would drop a short note. Our daughter, Neela, was born in April 2009 and also has OEIS along with some other issues. Your son looks so happy in these pictures. These kids are true fighters and we are blessed to live at a time where we have these amazing medical advances.

    Wish you the best for your son and family.

    -Shawn Leaver