I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:14


Carter went for a barium study of his intestines on Friday.  He did great! The study showed an area of his intestines that is not functioning correctly.  It is not contracting and causing his stool to puddle in one area, which in turn causes bacteria to grow. We are not sure exactly what we are going to do about this right now.  We were given two options thus far and we are not crazy about either one.  One is to have surgery to snip the piece of intestines out that is not working correctly and the other is to place him on long term antibiotics until we have another surgery and possibly have it fixed then.  I really do not want Carter to have surgery right now.  We are trying to allow him a little rest time before he has his "big" surgery.  I really dont want him on long term antibiotics either due to the side effects and other things it will cause.  I am also unsure of having his bowels worked on at the time of his "big" surgery, because he is already having so many other things done and I feel like that is too much at one time.  If we do decide to have the surgery now it will be a long and hard recovery.  So right now we are just very unsure of what we are going to do.  Our G.I. Doctor and surgeon are trying to come up with a game plan of what to do and what is best for Carter.  Right now we are praying for wisdom for the Doctor's that they will come up with the best solution.  Our surgeon is supposed to call me this week to let me know what they have decided.  Carter is scheduled to meet with a speech therapist at UMC's feeding clinic on Monday, we are going to UAB for a therapy evaluation on Tuesday and we have an appointment with our Urologist on Thursday to check his kidney function.  We have a busy week! Please pray they can figure all of this out soon and we can get him well!

No comments:

Post a Comment