Change of Plans...
Since writing my last post there has been a change of plans. While I was sitting thinking about all of the tests Carter was going to have to endure the next few weeks our surgeon was on the phone with another Doctor. The other Doctor informed him that the test may not give us the results we wanted to know. G.I. tests are not always accurate. With that being said I said "no." I do not want him going for any unnecessary tests. He has been through enough. I have decided it is time to fix the fistula and see what happens. Carter did not have any feeding intolerance problems before his initial surgery to add length to his bowel. So why does he now? The only changes he has had are the fistula, that's not suppose to be there, and the added length to his colon. So I think we should fix the fistula and see what happens. It has to be fixed anyways. In my mind there must be something going on with the fistula or added length of colon that is causing him to have the feeding intolerance issues. We are not going to place any sort of feeding tube right now. There are several different types of feedings tubes, although if the right one is not used it could be pointless for Carter to have. So we really need to know exactly what is going on to know which tube is right for him. So the plan is now to have the fistula closed on monday, have a Broviac placed and have his current NG tube placed into his intestine. We will then give Carter time to heal and determine what type of feeding tube he needs or if there are other procedures needed. We may or may not be home for Christmas, but i'm pretty sure Santa will have time to stop by the hospital if were not home. I have been overwhelmed by all of the sweet messages I have received. Thank you all so much for all of your prayers and continued prayers! They mean so much to us!!!
Being soo good during his test yesterday!
There he is!!!